Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas Empty
PostSubject: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 2:13 pm

A new La Madeline restaurant has just opened in Allen, Texas. I liked the architecture. Whatever Faisal likes, he captures on his canvas. All feedback and critiques are welcome… Smile
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/17/13/35/89/la_mad10.jpg
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas La_mad11
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Are these chain restaurants? I've never heard of La Madeline but we're fortunate to have a locally owned greasy spoon in the town next to us!

You've done a fine job on this. I like that the brick work is just suggested and the red umbrellas and the striped canopy are particularly well done.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi Jan,

Yes! It is a chain French restaurant. Their desserts are to die for and their food is awesome too.

Thank you for your feedback. As always please never hesitate or hold back any comments... Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:35 pm

I've never heard of La Madeline but we're fortunate to have a locally owned greasy spoon in the town next to us!

What I meant was that we don't even have a McDonalds out here in the boonies - there's a tiny little restaurant (local diner type) and we can get Hunt Brothers pizza at the convenience store in the little town next to us. But wouldn't want to live in the city no many how may restaurants there are there!

You know I always tell you what I think about your paintings - probably more than you'd really like for me to!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi Jan,

Yikes! you live in the sticks. I live in the subarbs, so I get the flavour of the city and the country both (I think).

I do not want you to not criticize my work. Like I said you are my SIMON... Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:14 am

When have I ever held back? lol

BTW, I put photos of our farm in General Chat for you. (https://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/t1159-especially-for-faisal#13020) We have almost 80 acres: apple, peach and pecan orchards, a few grape vines, and a few kiwi vines.

We used to have cattle and a horse but my husband sold the cows and my horse died a few years ago so we don't have any animals now. We lease the hay fields to another farmer since we don't need the hay any more.

Yep, we do live in the sticks and really love it. No one lives up under us and we have room for a huge garden as well as the fruit trees and vines. Actually, most of the land is in woods, with a few acres for the hay fields. Enjoy the tour! lol
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 10:43 am

Saw the pics Jan. They were lovely… Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas   Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting #119: La Madeline restaurant in Allen, Texas
Page 1 of 1