Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting #111: Thank God It's...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Painting #111:  Thank God It's... Empty
PostSubject: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:50 am

(Please see painting below).

Yes! this is that popular restaurant. I was sitting at Potbelly, having lunch when I saw this TGIF building and rather enjoyed the color and architecture. It is amazing when you see something with the intent of painting, how the whole thing changes in your mind. I took the picture on my iPhone to sketch later. Off course iPhone pictures are never high quality and photographs are no substitute for what your eyes and mind can see. But considering the weather in Dallas, where it has been raining everyday for the past month or so, this was the next best thing, to painting outside. I could not get the TGIF sign on the sign board, because the sketch is already too small (5"x5"). Enjoy!

Last edited by ftariqtx on Sat May 23, 2015 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:52 am

Painting #111:  Thank God It's... Tgif11
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Really like the comp and colors but not sure the front posts of the glass extension are in perspective?? I'm horrible at perspective though - maybe I should push myself to do some architectural paintings.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the comment. I am sure quite a few things maybe off, regarding perspective... I just eyeballed things. A little check can go a long way... but laziness won!... Smile.

I really look forward to your feedback,... you tell me as it is and I love it... You are my Simon Cowell except you are very nice... Smile

Thanks

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Actually, my comment was a question. As I said, I've never really done anything where perspective was important so I don't know how something really should look.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Great job, especially when you consider that you painted this on a 5"x5".
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Nice work Faisal. I like the shapes you are painting: squares, and lots of linear things, matched with the loose trees in the right side. The perspective of the front posts looks good to me; the whole painting has a very slight tilt off axis, which could confuse the eye a little. Great for a small sketch, sorry about all the rain you are getting.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... EmptyMon May 25, 2015 9:11 am

Thanks Jan, Crystal and Allan.

It is remarkable how things jump at you when you don't see it for a while. I see quite a few perspective issues now… Oh! Well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting #111: Thank God It's...   Painting #111:  Thank God It's... Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting #111: Thank God It's...
Page 1 of 1