Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittle Hill progress

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 P11panel1

A panel from page 11 of the new issue of Brittle Hill, number 4. Now that I am working full time again, my spare time is limited, and I am drawing during evenings and weekends to complete the issue. You can see the scanned pencils underneath the digital inks. From a reference photo I captured during the summer. The work balloon will be opaque in final art stage.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm

So glad you have a regular income again. Yeap, when you don't have the money, then you have plenty of time; and when you do have the money, then not enough time. Best of luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Crystal, yes, time expands and contracts in a weird way. But now, I am learning lots in a new position, and compressing my drawing decision making process to work more quickly. All good, but all different and new. Ah, learning is fascinating at any age.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 pm

So glad something new has come along for you. Sometimes when we work in one job for too long we get stale and something new come along and we are totally rejuvenated. Change is good, a long as there is a paycheck to help with the change. Best of luck in your new job and with your next issue of Brittle Hill.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks, Judy. I'm still active in the comic book inking and colouring until Issue 4 is complete. And still attending life drawing sessions, spending 'a minute or two' here and there on a sketch. I can post a few if anyone is interested. Or maybe a few renderings of longer poses, where I am experimenting with pencil crayons and oil pastels.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:33 am

So glad you've gotten a new job, Alan and also that you're able to continue with Brittle Hill and your life drawing!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi Alan,

Yes! please share your drawings etc. You don't have to ask us. We are art addicts here. We need the hit in any form we can… Smile. I would like to get into doing cartoons too. I get these satirical ideas for a cartoon, but it takes too long for me to draw something that I like…. but we can only do so much.

Best of luck my friend.

Thanks

Faisal
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I posted an image of the cover of the new comic book on a page (hmm, I forget where exactly) on the forum that seemed appropriate. Feel free to move the post here if that sounds better. Talk with you soon....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittle Hill progress
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3