Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double load brush

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Double load brush   Double load brush EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:59 pm

I've been taking a pastel course in Painter x3 and took advantage of a feature were you can double load the brush by setting the expressions feature. In this case I set it to rotation and as I turn the stylus, the paint applied varies from the one color I have picked to the second color I've chosen. In this painting it was perfect for adding a variation of colors in the clouds that would blend as I painted. I did make one mistake when I did the final highlighting on the clouds. You'll see texture in the white while the rest of the cloud is soft. I'll have to figure what I did wrong. Hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double load brush   Double load brush EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Double load brush Thunde10
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double load brush   Double load brush EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 pm

I do like it especially since the colors are favorites of mine! These classes are certainly worthwhile for you as you seem to be learning a lot. A double-loaded brush gives an even more traditional twist to digital painting! More please!

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double load brush   Double load brush EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

This looks really nice Judy... I am tempted to try some digital painting myself... but I don't have enough time...

Faisal
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double load brush   Double load brush EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:37 pm

I like this, especially the softness of the background clouds on top, and the sharpness of the foreground.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double load brush   Double load brush EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks. I am definitely learning a lot of how to handle the stylus as it acts as a variety of brushes and paint loads.

I've also been experimenting with texture which is visible in the water. I haven't quite gotten that down yet and I'm not really sure I like the mechanical textures. I like adding them more with brush strokes and color variation. I also tend not to use the textures in Painter if I am planning on selling prints of it because it might interfere with the visual effect on a printed canvas.

If doing a watercolor, I will use the texture of water color paper because it makes it look more traditional in prints which would normally not done on canvas.(does that make sense?)

I'm in the middle of this weeks assignment and will post it when I finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Double load brush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double load brush   Double load brush Empty

Back to top Go down

Double load brush
Page 1 of 1