HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Since I haven't been able to spend long periods of time painting, I finally did a couple of paintings in water media. The cardinal was the first and it was painted in gouache. The second was pure water color. Both took several days since I would paint a bit then go do something else.

W/C and gouache were perfect since I could set up easily and just give my brush a quick rinse when I wanted to quit with little preparation or clean-up needed.

See the paintings below:
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Eureka! OK, I'm adding the paintings from my blog which is why the copyright notice is on them. Here's the watercolor painting:

I wouldn't consider either of these to be my best work but I didn't think they came out too bad considering I worked on them so sporadically. Any C&C always welcome.

Jan

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Woah! Jan. These are absolutely lovely. I love them both. Especially the bird… Smile. I have always loved the water color and the transparent feeling they give. Glad to see that you are back in form and painting. Looking forward to many more… Smile

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:28 pm

You did a great job on both of them. The colors are vibrant. Just wait until your eyes are doing what they are supposed to do. You'll be fantastic. LOL

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/

Last edited by judyfilarecki on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Awww, thanks to both of you. I've been so frustrated and feel this whole thing has just gone on way too long. But, I can tell my vision is still changing & I imagine it will more so after these last stitches are removed on Tues. I know I need to be patient but it's so hard when you really want to paint - I feel I'm losing any ability I had just for lack of use!

Faisal, the cardinal was done in gouache, one of my favorite media because it handles somewhat like oil but quicker drying and clean-up!

Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Jan, I love both of your paintings. The watercolor is my favorite, because I tend to like Impressionistic work. My prayers for you that your eyes continue to get better.
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks, Crystal! I'm pretty heavy-handed so using w/c in the traditional manner is not something I do well!

Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:56 am

I haven't done much watercolor, but what I have done looks like heavy acrylics. Your's is beautiful
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks so much for your nice comment Crystal as these were both done with limited eyesight. My watercolors tend to look more like acrylic also which is why I prefer gouache - it's supposed to be opaque instead of transparent. And, if a watercolor isn't going so well, I just switch to gouache & pretend it was the medium I wanted to use all along! lol

But I'll bet yours are very nice and you should post them here. This is such a caring group that I don't feel intimidated to post my work here.

Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Actually, I'm not too intimidated to post, I'm just not very computer savy. On top of that our 1 year old laptap isn't working, and this computer that I'm on now is about 12 years old. I have to say my work isn't very good, though. I have long breaks between painting and forget everything I knew. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:14 am

Quote :
And, if a watercolor isn't going so well, I just switch to gouache & pretend it was the medium I wanted to use all along! lol
I love it! LOL

Crystal, we are always happy to see you here and enjoy and appreciate your comments.

Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Crystal, I hope you didn't think I was intimating that you were intimidated to post because you felt your work wasn't good enough, if you did then I apologize. I just meant that this seems like such a caring group that I'm not afraid of the harsh or spiteful stuff you sometimes get in forums like these.

And talk about not being computer savvy!!!! Well, I hope you caught all the posts about not being able to post pictures before Judy cleaned up all the whining I did!

Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

No, my feelings weren't hurt at all. You're sure right about this group, too. If I were going to post something, this is where I would show it. We're really lucky to have such a caring forum. Thanks Jan & Judy. Love seeing everybodys work here.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Jan, I didn't hear any whining. Smile

Back to top Go down
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Nice paintings, Jan! I especially love the bird! I go for strong colour and shape, and this one is really good! Keep it up, and best of luck with your vision settling down...

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks so much, Alan.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!   

Back to top Go down

"Can't Stand Not Painting" Paintings!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1