Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mat Boards with Polyurethane

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Mat Boards with Polyurethane Empty
PostSubject: Mat Boards with Polyurethane   Mat Boards with Polyurethane EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello,

I was watching a Susan Lyon Video, where she mentions using Polyurethane on Mat Boards and Museum Boards. Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Mat Boards with Polyurethane   Mat Boards with Polyurethane EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:17 pm

I looked around and found some discussions on it. Mostly, they said if you used it to be sure you do only one coat. If you add a second coat when it's drying then it can flake. They also used Gesso on it once it was dry. I have never tried it myself. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Mat Boards with Polyurethane   Mat Boards with Polyurethane EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:09 am

I've never tried it either - it doesn't "feel" right but I don't have any knowledge about it at all.

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Mat Boards with Polyurethane   Mat Boards with Polyurethane EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:45 am

Hmmmm... I may experiment with it and see...

Faisal
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Mat Boards with Polyurethane   Mat Boards with Polyurethane EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:11 pm

I've never tried it either, but I have used soft pastels directly on mat board for some Christmas cards I planned on printing out for sale. It worked great and gave a nice even background for the card. Using a clear polyurethane would also give you an even background color or texture if that is what you are looking for.

Mat Boards with Polyurethane Quail-10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mat Boards with Polyurethane   Mat Boards with Polyurethane Empty

Back to top Go down

Mat Boards with Polyurethane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Painting Discussions :: Talk about Art & Painting-
Jump to: