Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Realistic Absract

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm taking an Abstract Painting class right now and have succeeded with abstract when they are not of a specific object, but still struggle when trying to be completely abstract with a real object. Here are two paintings I did this past week.

Realistic Absract Doodle10

Sell Art Online

I do have to admit that this painting of the pear is the free-est painting style I have ever used.
I am quite pleased with it. I feel like I'm breaking away from the confines of detail.

Click on the picture to see a larger image.

Last edited by judyfilarecki on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:39 am

Absolutely gorgeous... I love the second one, the most

Can these be printed and how big can you print these? (I have no clue what it takes to get a print of artwork),
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I submitted this to Fineartamerica for sale and they say that it can be printed up to 20" x20". The size varies depending on the number of "pixels per inch" that the high resolution jpg file has.
Many good cameras give high ppi which sometimes enables the print to be even bigger than the original. Painting digitally, I can control and adjust the ppi as I want to make the prints as big as I feel would be good. PPI is different from "dpi." That is the measure used in printing defining the number of dots per inch the printer put out.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm

These are great! The top one is very linear and sharp edged, and the bottom one has beautiful soft sculpting. And now, what will you name them? That can be an additional challenge in abstract.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:30 pm

That is definitely a challenge. For the FAA one, the name is always based on top keywords for search engines,so it is listed as "Purple Yellow Fruit Abstract." I know that sounds weird, but that is how you have to title them to get people to find them.
The other one I'm still thinking about. Here is another one I did that a name just jumped out at me.
Realistic Absract Wobbly10
This ids called "Wobbly City." It reminded me of when my husband and I were in Central Park and we were looking up at all the building surrounding the park. of course the buildings weren't wobbling at the time.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 pm

This one is great fun, and the name fits perfectly.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Psychedelic... Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Love all your new abstract work! Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:36 pm

I like all of your abstracts. I start out trying to do one and end up putting in the detail. I think it's your colors that particularly appeal to me. I really like your Wobbly City and the title is terrific!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am

Thank you for all the comments. The white at the bottom, BTW, was accidental. I painted it on my new computer/tablet and the screen is pretty small compared to the usual computer screen I paint on. I didn't realize there was more to the canvas until I posted here. Oh well, I could always crop it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Realistic Absract Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Absract   Realistic Absract Empty

Back to top Go down

Realistic Absract
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Media :: Digital Paintings-
Jump to: