Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Rose Oil Digital

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Red Rose Oil Digital Empty
PostSubject: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm in the middle of taking a color theory and harmony course and wanted to share my most recent submission for homework in the class. It is done with buttery oils on Corel Painter 12. All the techniques for painting are just like real paints except you use a stylus and Wacom pad to paint on. It has really helped me this years with enjoying painting without allergy worries. One of these days I'm going to do one in WSO's again much like did with the Sedona Waterfalls I did digitally first and then on canvas.

Judy

Red Rose Oil Digital Red_ro10
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Woah!... very nice, does not look digital, it almost looks like your style with the real WSO... Love what you are doing in the digital world... Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks Faisal.

The digital art world has gotten a bad rap because so many people use it to just frill up photos with special effects or to clone them, make a few changes and call them a painting. This is not to say that there are many very talented people using digital art very creatively producing fine art in their own right.

This painting is actually done using all the brush strokes and techniques I use in traditional painting. It is just a little more forgiving because there is always the "undo" button when you make a stroke you don't like.

Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Wow, I love the detail and colour saturation that you are applying here. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong in using the "undo" button... It is the end result that matters...

Keep on painting... Smile
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm

This is just lovely! I used Corel Painter and a Wacom for several years because we just didn't have the space for me to paint. I truly believe it helped me transition to traditional media once we built our house. I always say a digital painting is just like an artist would make a traditional painting only you don't dump your dirty water onto a newly finished painting! I also compare the undo button to an eraser - just another artist's tool! Any painting not produced in the same way as a traditional painting really shouldn't be called a "painting" - in my mind it's simply digital art.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:18 pm

So true. When ever I list a painting, I always say "digital painting." I'm not sure if people understand the difference, but my feeling it that I want to produce the best painting I can using the tools given to me, not just clone someone else's work.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Rose Oil Digital   Red Rose Oil Digital Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Rose Oil Digital
Page 1 of 1