Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jojomacm

jojomacm

Location Location : Upstate NY

Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it? Empty
PostSubject: Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it?   Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:05 am

Hi All,

I am working on my first WSO painting (used Bob Ross Black Gesso to prime) and have almost completed my under painting.

There is a spot in the sky that I may have overworked with my brush. The area dried darker than anywhere else, even after I applied more color. I've experienced this with watercolors.

My under painting is done with WSO mixed with water. I plan to switch over to Walnut oil as my medium once it's all finished. Will painting over it with walnut oil mixed color hide it better than trying to go over it again with watered WSO?

Any advice on how to get rid of that darker area, with out disturbing the paint underneath?
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it?   Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Try feathering out over the area with titanium white which is an opaque WSO paint. That way it will cover the dark area and give a soft edge for you blend in the color you want over it. Most of the paints have some degree of transparency so that is why you couldn't correct it. The titanium white should do it.

Hope that helps.

Judy
Back to top Go down

Gaps in my underpainting, how do I fix it?
Page 1 of 1