Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

18th painting: Lime

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

18th painting: Lime Empty
PostSubject: 18th painting: Lime   18th painting: Lime EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:18 am

Wow! I tried Grumbacher MAX WSO and what a difference. I am throwing away the Artisan. It was soooo difficult to use. I wonder how many artists gave up WSO after trying the Artisan as their gateway into the world of WSO Sad . I contemplated so many times into switching to the traditional oil paint, but dismissed it, thinking that, it was I that needs to adjust. It was so hard to lay the Artisan paints one on top of the other and the yellows were like sand and no matter what I did with the medium and the thinner, I just couldn't get it to flow.

I am saying this to everyone reading this, do yourselves a favor and get the Grumbacher MAX WSO. It is much cheaper than Holbein (Duo Aqua) and much better than the Artisan. It is like the Toyota, Camry of paints you are getting a good value (Holbein may be a Mercedes, I have not tried it, and Artisan would probably be a bicycle).

MAX is so creamy and takes to the canvas like warm butter to bread. I am EXTREMELY pleased with it cheers , I did not even have to use the Linseed medium, I could use it straight out of the tube. However, at one point I did use the medium to see how the paint behaves and She did not disappoint. Below is a painting/sketch I did with the MAX.

Size: 6x8
Time: 1hour

18th painting: Lime Lime11
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 18th painting: Lime   18th painting: Lime EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

It looks good. I like the way you handled the shadows in this one compared to the orange. Your colors are right on.

Hold on to your Artisans because invariably you have a color you need and you only have it in the Artisans. I use Duos and Artisans interchangeably and just add a small amount of walnut oil to the Artisans if I need to. I simply dip the brush in a little oil and wipe off any excess and then go into the paint.

Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: 18th painting: Lime   18th painting: Lime EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Judy:

I have fallen in love head over heel for the MAX. I used only 5 colors from the Artisan and I was able to replace all of them with the MAX. So no problems here.

I am inexperienced and therefore the struggle was getting to me. I think someone, like yourself, who has been handling the WSO for a while have developed good techniques to tame the beast.... but I think I am too impatient... Smile

Take Care

F Tariq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18th painting: Lime   18th painting: Lime Empty

Back to top Go down

18th painting: Lime
Page 1 of 1