Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

9th and 10th painting: Plein Air

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

9th and 10th painting: Plein Air Empty
PostSubject: 9th and 10th painting: Plein Air   9th and 10th painting: Plein Air EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:49 am

Hi All:

I became a little brave and did a couple of black and white Plein air at lunch break. These are both 4x6 (roughly) and done in 1/2 an hour. I have a guerrilla pochade box that I armed myself with. I have been reading up on simplification, and I used just big strokes and avoided fussy details. I guess I will get a little braver and start adding colors soon. (These are hanging in my garage and you can see the thumbtacks in the corners).

They could have used some more work... but...

Plein Air #1
9th and 10th painting: Plein Air Pleina10

Plein Air #2
9th and 10th painting: Plein Air Pleina11
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: 9th and 10th painting: Plein Air   9th and 10th painting: Plein Air EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:31 am

Nice job! I especially like the tree! Thanks for sharing.
Dayle
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 9th and 10th painting: Plein Air   9th and 10th painting: Plein Air EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

You should start putting together a blog of your progress with all these small paintings you are doing in your learning process. Maybe number them in order so you can see your progress. from start to present.

I agree with Dayle about the tree. I just like color.
Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 9th and 10th painting: Plein Air   9th and 10th painting: Plein Air EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Good for you in getting out there and painting. Nice results from your 'pochade period'.

It has been too long since I have painted, darn it. My saving grace is that my wife and I are putting studio lights in next week. Then I will paint ALL the time Smile
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: 9th and 10th painting: Plein Air   9th and 10th painting: Plein Air EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks a lot everyone for the encouragement... I am going to start introducing colors to my plein air paintings.

I am planning to create a blog in a week or so. I will be posting at both WSO and my blog.

Looking forward to more of your paintings WMG. I visited your blog. very nice... Smile

It is the Journey... It is the Journey... It is the Journey... Smile

MG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9th and 10th painting: Plein Air   9th and 10th painting: Plein Air Empty

Back to top Go down

9th and 10th painting: Plein Air
Page 1 of 1