Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Art Judge at local high school

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Art Judge at local high school Empty
PostSubject: Art Judge at local high school   Art Judge at local high school EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello All:

I have been asked to be a judge for an art competition, at the local high school. I am biased towards representational art, but I want to be objective and be as honest as possible in my verdict. I don't want my biases to cloud my judgment. I would like my fellow artists to chime in and give me pointers on being a fair art judge.

Thanks

MG
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Art Judge at local high school   Art Judge at local high school EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Hmm. I haven't actually done that before, but for a high school age review, I would consider:
the concept: is it clear what the artist is trying to do?
the execution: does the piece look carefully executed?
colour and perspective, theory, etc: a grasp of the fundamentals of the materials and how to mix or apply colour?

Depending on the time you want to invest, you might want to find out what the assignment criteria was, so your comments can relate to those.

Let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Art Judge at local high school   Art Judge at local high school EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi WMG,

Good points. The judging was on saturday. I sort of used the criteria you mentioned above. There were a couple of other judges, so we went into a discussion on what we thought of the work e.t.c.

All in all it went well.

Thank you for your response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art Judge at local high school   Art Judge at local high school Empty

Back to top Go down

Art Judge at local high school
Page 1 of 1