A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I have built a shadow box, to get some nice drama of light, and once again raided my wife's kitchen and came up with this cream dispenser. I like the nice curviness of this object.... very feminine and voluptuous.

This time I pre-mixed all the value from white, black and brown, before painting this one. This way I was prepared to correct any mistakes I made.

I need a better camera setup,.. I PodTouch camera is not ideal for this... I think the painting is better than the photograph.

I am thinking of starting a blog and keep a progress report of my improvement... like so many other people I have seen on the net.

This is 6x8 and took 3 hours... Still need speed and more decisive in the paint I put down.

Blending can be a challenge. I think I will just spend some time doing blending exercises. Anyone know of a good exercise to become better at blending?

M. Ghalib.

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Just practice, practice, and more practice.

I think the creamer is terrific. I love the light touches of browns mixing with the gray tones. Your reflected light from the ceiling and on the handle are excellent. All you skills in drawing come through in each of the paintings you submit.

Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks Judy for the encouragement. Very Happy

However, I struggle with blending. It is not the same as in pastel. I easily pollute my paint and have to be sooooooo careful, that it is un-nerving. There has to be some good way. But like you said, practice practice and more practice is what I need....

Take Care

Back to top Go down
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 am

Great painting! For blending try laying colors side by side and blending the edges together. Be fearless and try different things. Grab some canvas pads with the goal to practice, not to create a painting.

ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Janet... will do... Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   

Back to top Go down

5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1