Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Chat September 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

General Chat September 2011 Empty
PostSubject: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:29 am

Let's see; a summer to-do list with 43 items and 12 of them are done so far!   And Labor Day is the end of the summer season!   Hmmm!   It's going to be a busy weekend Cool.   Actually it's been a pretty good summer and lot's of things got done that weren't on the list.   I just wish more of them had involved artwork.

Judy, I was glad to know that Irene left you alone and from searching the Internet it looks like Canada wasn't hit too badly.   The U.S. TV I saw covered the storm from its first appearance off the African coast and almost minute by minute as it traveled across the U.S. and continues with the recovery efforts.   But nary a word about it in Canada.   We seriously miss the Montreal TV station we were able to get when we lived in Vermont Wink.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Speaking of Vermont. That took the brunt of it. Towns were cut off completely from bridges and roads washing away. It was so unusual for the hurricane to take the path it did. I'm really thankful we only had some rain and a little wind.

Thanks for starting the September Chat. I'm busy getting ready for the only other art show I do this year. It is this Sunday over the holiday. I coordinate for the fire department so it adds a little more work to my preparation.

Hope everyone has a good holiday and are ready for the colorful fall vistas that are about to begin .
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 am

Hi everyone. September already!

I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks, maintaining radio silence, as they used to say.
My city experienced Irene "Lite", after it was downgraded to a tropical storm. It then changed course and passed north of us, so we had high winds and some rain, but only power outages and a few branches were broken around here. Fredericton, 2 hours drive north of us had high winds, torrential rain and power outages combined. In the province of Quebec, the Montreal and Quebec City areas had flooding and trees downed.

I have high hopes for a more productive September, but August had its own benefits. During my vacation, I had the chance to visit several local artist-run galleries and talk with the artists. My wife and I expanded our studio by transporting a lot of 'stuff' out of the basement to the workshop.

This will give us a better space to work in. Our next long term goal is to improve the lighting and painting storage areas in the studio so we can be better organized and more productive.

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:52 am

Welcome home. I'm glad you missed the worst of the storm also. It sounds like you have some good plans for the studio. Look forward to seeing new work with these newly improved surroundings
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi everybody. Just got back from a visit to Creston, B.C. to see a couple of friends and their little farm (the wife is also a pastel artist and does very nice work). Our first time in Canada since the early '70s and it's also our first time in western Canada. It was good to be back on t'other side of the border and we had a lovely time. We even had a chance to visit the 100th annual Riondel festival (it was neat!).

When I was a young'un my Dad used to drive us to Coaticook, Que. where his parents lived. What I remember most vividly about that was always getting car sick on the "thank you Ma'm" hills on the road through Vermont. When my wife and I lived in Vermont we used to zip across the border quite a bit. When he was young, one of our sons played on a hockey team against another Vermont team that used the rink in Stanstead, Que. We always thought it was neat to cross the border to play another team from the same state.

Well, now it's time to get back to the brushes!
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, things seem to be looking up here! My step-son has finally moved out and I get my studio back. Also, I found a painting teacher that I really like. Her prices are very reasonable. She does live about an hour away, but luckily our car get about 40 miles to the gallon. I just went to my first class with her today, and I think she's the best teacher I ever found. I hope to start posting soon.
cheers

Dayle
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Can't wait to see some of your work. Good luck with your class.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi from Effingham, Illinois. I was hoping to get some time to do some photography, but it's been raining since I got here. Maybe tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat September 2011   General Chat September 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat September 2011
Page 1 of 1