Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Plotted colors with HSB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

Plotted colors with HSB Empty
PostSubject: Plotted colors with HSB   Plotted colors with HSB EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:26 am

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd stop in and share the results of my color mixing looking for complements. HSB works very well as a means to find mixing complements. I'm not too sure about the hue angle from 0-60. Seems it didn't work as well but close.

Editor's Note:
This topic and discussion has been added to the "Demonstration" forum so it can be found more easily at a later time. The original post and the new post shadow each other so you can comment in either one and it will show up in the other post as well.

Plotted colors with HSB 30hwsbr
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Plotted colors with HSB   Plotted colors with HSB EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:54 am

It was a lot of work but well worth it. They were done with "H" Holbein, "C" Cobra, and "LB" Lukas Berlin.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Plotted colors with HSB   Plotted colors with HSB EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:15 am

wow, pretty interesting! I've never seen a paint match to RGB colour wheel, very well done!
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: Plotted colors with HSB   Plotted colors with HSB EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Janet;   You certainly did a lot of work to come up with this.   Thank you!   I do have a couple of questions:

(1) Is HSB (Hue, Saturation and Brightness) the same thing that is referred to as HSV (Hue, Saturation and Value) in some software color pickers?

(2) I notice you didn't use any W&N Artisan colors.   Is there a particular reason for this (other than it would have increased the the work to complete the task a whole lot more)?

Jim

P.S. One of our local messenger bunnies told me that La Société Des Solubles Extraordinaires is very impressed with this effort Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Plotted colors with HSB   Plotted colors with HSB EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:23 am

Glad you like it!

Jim, Yes, HSB is also known as HSV.

I have some W&N Atrisan but don't use them so didn't bother adding them.

"P.S. One of our local messenger bunnies told me that La Société Des Solubles Extraordinaires is very impressed with this effort"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plotted colors with HSB   Plotted colors with HSB Empty

Back to top Go down

Plotted colors with HSB
Page 1 of 1