Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings everyone from NM

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tjbintz

Location Location : New Mexico

Greetings everyone from NM Empty
PostSubject: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:00 am

I really enjoyed looking through this forum and the fact that it is dedicated to WMOs only. I was a member of Wetcanvas, then stumbled onto this site. I see several familiar names here whom I loved to follow in Wetcanvas.

I started teaching myself to oil paint several years ago and now have 12 paintings completed. My style tends to be surrealism from what I've been told; I'll post some pix in the finished area.

It typically takes me several months to finish a painting because I've lost most of my sight in one eye and have to paint with one sort of good eye. Darned old age, but I am so driven to paint.

I am eager to learn from all of you that have the knowledge and experience.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:43 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you've joined us. I'm so sorry about losing your sight, but I know how strong the desire to paint is. So great for you to carry on.
Dayle
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Welcome aboard Tim.   Young, old, experienced and not-so-experienced we are all learning from each other.   It's good to have you with us.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Tim! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your paintings!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi Tim!

So glad you joined us. I just spent one night in Rudusio, NM, last weekend while driving across country. I love the mountains and higher elevation there. I got some beautiful sunset pictures while I was there and will post them soon...great for painting. It always amazes me how different areas of the state are. similar to Arizona in many ways.

I look forward to seeing some of your work and sharing with you on the forum.

Judy
Back to top Go down
tjbintz

Location Location : New Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! There seem to be a lot of good folks here and quite a range of art styles and works.

I'm not knowledgeable in art per se; but I'll be happy to share what I've learned while painting.

Judy - It's sad that Ruidoso is so dry now. Neighboring Roswell hasn't seen any rain in over 6 months. But you're right, the sunsets out here in NM are so beautiful.

I visited Sedona/Jerome area while I was vacationing at the Grand Canyon a few years ago and I too was amazed at the similarities between AZ and NM.

Tim
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:48 am

The closest I have been to Ruidoso was Carrizozo, en route to Roswell. The feature attraction that day at noon turned out to be a sedan driving through its dusty streets with no engine hood. This was wayyy back in time, many years ago.

Rented car, driving far and wide. I look back and chuckle now, as when I arrived in Roswell, and the gas attendant (yes, it was that long ago) looked me over and asked me what I was doing in Roswell. I replied that I was just driving around. Not knowing the story of Roswell, and the legend of Arrivals to the Area.

Beautiful place, NM. I got as far north as Farmington, and as far southeast as Carlsbad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings everyone from NM   Greetings everyone from NM Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings everyone from NM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: