Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My favorite brushes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joanieART

joanieART

Location Location : Santa Rosa, CA

My favorite brushes Empty
PostSubject: My favorite brushes   My favorite brushes EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 pm

DaVinci Top Acryl (synthetic) brushes. These to me are the top of the line. www.DickBlick.com

They are very stiff, like a bristle, but synthetic. Very hardy, i prefer painting on hard surfaces, canvas panels, masonite, gessoed wood, rather than stretched canvas, so these brushes hold up for me great. I think I've taken a cotton to filberts....i always reach for them. Flats that aren't too long i like too, never use a round.

I tried the Robert Simmons Titaniums from a suggestion on this fabulous forum, but for me they were just a bit too soft.

Trial and Error, and finding one's favorites.....it's all part of the journey.

See my other watersoluble oil recommendations here, including mediums, palette, cleaning brushes, etc.
http://www.artforthesoulofit.com/2011/02/03/why-i-use-water-soluble-oils/

Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

My favorite brushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorite brushes   My favorite brushes EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Thank you for the suggestion! I do use the Robert Simmons Titaniums and like them but like you I find them a little soft for some of the effects that I would like to get.
Back to top Go down

My favorite brushes
Page 1 of 1