Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rainy Walk the Dog in the City

Go down 
+3
Jim
Janet
Dana C
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

Rainy Walk the Dog in the City Empty
PostSubject: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 am

Here is the 2nd of 3....on stretch canvas 16"X12" I haven't started the 3rd one yet, but hope too soon....looking for comments of what you think as I repect your opinion - This type of painting sure takes a lot of paint...welcome your comments pro or cons, growing as an artist means to take both the positive and negative....Thank you for your consideration of helping me grow Smile
Rainy Walk the Dog in the City Rainy_12
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am

Interesting style Dana. I really like this scene. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Dana;

I'm really out of my league trying to comment here. I haven't done any urban scenes and have never tried this style of painting. Soooo, bear that in mind. First the reflections of light on the street really comes across very well. Neat! The only suggestions I can make are (1) to increase the size of the car on the right a bit, and (2) maybe tone down the red on the store towards the upper right just a little bit (I find my eye is drawn to it).
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm

I like the bold colours - good reflections! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:55 pm

I agree with Jim about the car. Actually, it feels like the left side of the painting is close, ( the woman walking and the building next to her are large). The right side feels far away (the car is small and the buildings have several stories right across the street from the one stories. This may be very acceptable since the painting is quite abstract in nature and actually works well. changing things may ruin it.

Judy
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:33 am

I've gazed at it for a while and am enjoying it. It permits me to develop my own narrative which, for me, is good. As I am viewing it almost as an abstract proportions are not so important. I would like to see blocks of colour rather than some of the detail.
But there you go that's just me.
Jack
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 am

This is great - and I would add one more suggestion - the red overhang towards the left back - it is in the background and I would tone it donw a smidgeon. but awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainy Walk the Dog in the City   Rainy Walk the Dog in the City Empty

Back to top Go down

Rainy Walk the Dog in the City
Page 1 of 1