Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

October 2010 Group Challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

October 2010 Group Challenge Empty
PostSubject: October 2010 Group Challenge   October 2010 Group Challenge EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Your Neck of the Woods

This month's theme is about painting from life. Choose a subject that represents the area you live in or something else that pertains to you. For example:

-Landscape - your house, garden, neighborhood, local landmark or typical scenery in your area.
-Still Life - personal objects that have some meaning or sentimental value to you, or items that represent something you have an interest in.
-People - paint a family member/s, child, friend or local character (no self-portraits, we'll do that another time!).
-Animal - your pet or another family member's pet, or an animal typical to your area (farm or wild).

I'm hoping that enough of us will have some good weather through October, so some plein-air painting will be possible Wink
But if painting outside is not to your liking - or the weather won't cooperate, try one of the other subjects. In the case of kids and pets, we'll understand if you need to snap a few pics to get the painting done! Laughing But try to base your paintings on as much real life observation as possible.
(Feel free to do these in your own style, no matter the subject - paint it as you see it, whether realistic, impressionistic, abstract...). Most of all, Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: October 2010 Group Challenge   October 2010 Group Challenge EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 am

Thank you Callie for keeping on top of the Challenges....I hope I can do this month’s challenge, I look forward to it.

Also, thank you for your consistency and creativeness in what we can and should do for the challenge.

I am looking forward to seeing others’ work too!

thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: October 2010 Group Challenge   October 2010 Group Challenge EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:30 pm

I hope everyone gets some nice weather this month. I think a lot of us are into plein-air painting, so I wanted to work that into a challenge before it gets too cold to be outside.
Dana, I hope you'll get a chance to do something for this month. sunny
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: October 2010 Group Challenge   October 2010 Group Challenge EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks Callie,

I hope to also get this months challenge going -- we are having some plein air painting groups in our area coming up on the 15th of Oct....I am hoping to go, if I don't get too busy with work and home things. THank you

Oh, ment to tell you all I did mostly plein air painting when I was with weekend with the masters and painted twice with March Burtt - learned much, hope to put it into practice, although she is an acrylic plein air painter....and uses a spray bottle a lot to keep the paints wet. Mostly my challenge was chasing the light....I have sooo much to learn.

Take care and thank you Callie...I also seem to be getting the messages now from the forum in my email -- thank you for taking me out of the dog house - lol Dana

October 2010 Group Challenge Dog_wa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2010 Group Challenge   October 2010 Group Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2010 Group Challenge
Page 1 of 1