Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse Empty
PostSubject: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 am

My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse 08130011

This was what I saw every day through the front of the RiverHouse....There is a deck in which I set up my canvas and paints....I even got sunburned on the first day....It was just beautiful and ever changing by the day. No phones, No Tv, No anything or anyone....Just time to be still and enjoy the quiet of the days.

I will try to get a better picture of this painting it is on a 48X40 strech canvas....it bearly fit in my car - but was dry enough to bring home. I will post another one of a King Fisher on a log. later
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: King Fisher on the River   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:37 am

Here is the King Fisher....I am tired as I just got home and unpacked have a long day tomorrow at work.....Hope you all have a wonderful week -- enjoy painting --

My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse Downsi11
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:54 am

Wow Dana. That is a beautiful spot to paint. And what a challenge with such a large canvas.

I like the Kingfisher and you did an awesome job on the stump. It is interesting to look at but doesn't compete with the bird.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Both of your paintings look really great. At first I thought that the Kingfisher was a photo!!
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm

What a nice big painting Quite a challenge for plein air - you've done a great job.

Was the kingfisher plein air too? If so he's a great model, sitting still for that long. Wink
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:42 pm

I love both of your paintings. That slight hint of light between the two peaks is very effective and I really like how you did the water.

The kingfish is beautiful. The whole composition of colors really complement each other. Most of my first paintings were all of birds which was my favorite subject and a very good seller, so I can really appreciate the excellent job you did with it.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: Re: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:06 am

It was a peaceful place and time to be still and paint -- It was a gift and a joy to be there and paint my little hearts-desire.

Oh, the bird was a photograph from a friend who loves to photograph birds esp and other animals....he travels all over not sure where he got this one from...I usually don't like to paint animals, but I do paint bird occasionally and agree with you Judy that people do love the purchase them, all of the ones I have painted I are sold except the few I kept for my own walls.

Thank you ALL for your kind words, Dana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse   My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse Empty

Back to top Go down

My Long Weekend Escape - Plein-Air Painting at the RiverHouse
Page 1 of 1