Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adirondack Summer

Go down 
+5
Dana C
Callie
watermixableguy
Sofie
judyfilarecki
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Hey I'm interested this could be a great one
Jack
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:50 am

thanks Kopo, I wish I could come up with mysterious colors like you do to make it not look so much like a photograph.
Judy
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:09 am

It's coming along really nicely Judy. Smile I'm looking forward to the next development.
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 am

Judy -- thank you for showing your progress....will look forward to seeing more. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Judy, the depth and colors are wonderful! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 pm

I don't know where the summer has gone. Pretty soon I'll have to paint the trees yellows and oranges instead of greens. I'm still plodding along working on the acrylic underlay. I think the biggest area that will be WSO's is the water reflections. You can't beat the blending you can get with the WSO's compared to acrylics.

Here's the latest progress picture.

Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Higley17
Lots of detail, but it is coming.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 pm

It's really taking shape, Judy!
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:19 am

Judy -- It is starting to come alive -- enjoying the progress.... looking forward to the next steps.

Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Artist11
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:05 am

Looking good good good.
Your last post popped an idea into my head. How about four paintings of the same scene, Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. From the lush greens of summer, to autumnal colours, snow and ice with skaters and small boys throwing snowball, then onward to Spring with daffodils sprouting.
Sometimes I wax poetic.
Jack
cheers
Eureka
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Jack the idea is great, but I head out of here for warmer weather come October. It gets to 30 below "0" here inn the winter so I don't hang around. I go where the average temperature for winter is 60 degrees and sunny. Winter is out but spring and fall is a possibility depending on when the leaves change and when they start up again. Thanks for the idea though.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:56 pm

That's looking great, Judy. What a gorgeous summer day - you nailed it! Can't wait to see it finished bounce
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

This picture is really lovely. So tell me, do you end up with the top coat being part acrylic and part WMOs then? I don't think I've seen painting like that before.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I like the additions you've made Judy. It's coming along great! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Making progress. I finalize most of the water, added another boat and skidoo, tree stumps, some of the dock, the tree on the right and some of the plants at the water's edge.
Next will be the canoes, shadows under the dock, grass and Adirondack chairs.

Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Higley10

I'm kind of nervous about doing the chairs, but I did figure that they have to be twice the height of the pontoon boat with the blue canvas to be in the right proportion. It feels like how I felt seeing Alan do all those people. A hugh challenge which he accomplished beautifully.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Judy,

I love the brightness. And the sky and water look wonderful. keep going - this is great.
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Looking good, Judy ! keep it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you decided to join us.

The top coat can be any combination of the acrylic and WSO. The key is that you must put the oil over the acrylic, not the other way around, so you want to be sure you have all the acrylic you plan on doing before going over any area with WSO.

To help the WSO to adhere to the acrylic, you put a thin film of oil over the painting. I use walnut oil, but there is also a WS linseed oil that many of the brands carry which can be used. It must be a very thin film, with no puddling. I usually apply it and then lightly wipe it off with a clean cloth.

I will probably use the oils to finalize the water, over some of the trees for highlight and the canoes and chairs will probably be done completely with the oils since it is easier to make corrections with the oil than with the acrylic.

I paint this way mainly because I have a lot of sensitivities to linseed oil, alkyds and some mediums used with oils and WS oils. This way I get most of the painting done without breathing problems and then finish with minimal exposure.

Hope that helps. I'm glad you like the painting so far.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Judy - very nice, looks like a relaxing summer day.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:58 pm

It will be more relaxing once I get the chairs in. Then I can sit back and relax.

Judy Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm

I got the dock and canoes painted to day and tomorrow I hope to do the chairs. I'll post something so tmorrow either way. Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Icon_cheers Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 am

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Judy!
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:48 am

Painting in instalments I like this. Bit like a serial on the tv. I can't wait for the children playing ducks and drakes, dogs splashing in the water, swimmers playing polo. kids flying kites, speedboats in the distance. People sitting on those chairs watching through binoculars. Wow, that'll certainly be something.
lol! thumbs up good job
Jack
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 pm

OMG Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Icon_eek Jack,

I'm having enough trouble filtering out a lot of the detail as is. I'd never get it finished if I did all that. I go the one person in the boat and I am debating about some occupants in the chairs. If I put some geese in the foerground water by the chairs the people that live in that area wold never speak to me again becasue we have such an over population of them. Now a Loon is an other story. The only thing is, they usually hang around less populated areas and where there more reed area. I guess I'll just have to stick with the few people.

Judy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Here's an update. the dock and canoes are done and two of the Adirondack chairs. That one in the shadow might need some revision once I get the two others in between. The back angle doesn't look right in the photo. It is also smaller, but it was a different make of chair.

Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Higley11

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Nice additions. Smile The smaller chair looks like a child's chair to me, which is kind of sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adirondack Summer   Adirondack Summer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adirondack Summer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next