Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New work just started commissioned

Go down 
+3
Callie
Janet
Dana C
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

New work just started commissioned   Empty
PostSubject: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:46 pm

I was asked to paint a picture --in a different style than I ever have before, she explained to me what she wanted and gave me a photo of the style she wanted, so here is the start of it. The painting is on a canvas 36X24 .....this is just the first phase, need it to dry to add the leaves, details, high-lights and low lights....It is very wet, used walnut oil, not sure how long that will take to dry?
New work just started commissioned   ?auth=co&id=163800&part=2
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Dana, I'm not seeing your painting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Dana- try adding the pic again, it's not in your post.
Walnut oil is a slow dryer. In the future, if you want to make a quick start, try walnut-alkyd. It speeds up the drying time. For now, you'll just have to be patient... and don't add any alkyds to subsequent layers.
If it seems too wet, or kind of thick for the first layer, you can lay paper towels over it and gently press to blot up some of the oil/paint.
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 pm

New work just started commissioned   New_ar12 Sorry it's some blurry -- I'll try to take another one later, our home computer isn't working right now so on my lunch and breaks I check out and take care of my computer things....Hope you can see this one. Dana
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:28 am

Wow worth the wait! Beautiful color and I love the style! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:34 pm

I think I am finshed with it now -- I am waiting to see if I got my clients style she requested.

Thank you Janet for your kind comments, Dana

New work just started commissioned   Commis10
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 pm

very nice Dana. I'm sure your client will love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Love the colors and the style of this. I can't think who it reminds me of....
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:18 am

I love the finished piece! Even in progress I knew it was going to be a beautiful painting. Congrats I'm sure the client is going to love it. good job
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 am

It looks great. The colors are so vibrant and really makes the subject very interesting. I like it.
Judy
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:13 pm

I like it too! The colors are fabulous.
Dayle
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 am

Wow, very nice work! I love the composition and the shapes of the trunks and cliffs!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Has you client had a chance to see it yet? It really is beautiful.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:28 am

Thank you all for your kind words -- my client saw a glimpse of it—the picture was too small, the one I send first. She says... what she can see of it that she likes it very much….she lives in Portland and I will need to send it to her again via email, a better/larger picture when I can….but unable to right now, as I have a full weekend with three couples staying here -- Friday until Sunday and she is okay with that.

New work just started commissioned   Thank_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New work just started commissioned    New work just started commissioned   Empty

Back to top Go down

New work just started commissioned
Page 1 of 1