Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cobra now Available in the US!

Go down 
+6
Janet
judyfilarecki
Callie
Crystal1
dbclemons
kbaxterpackwood
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:20 pm

ASW is now carrying Cobra paints.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:00 pm

WOW!! THANK YOU, JIM!

Dayle
Back to top Go down
betgee

Location Location : Tillsonburg, Ontario

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 8:05 pm

thanks Jim - Going there right now - bounce
Betty
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks Jim,

I'm still working on the sample and trying to use up other brands before ordering more, but I appreciate the input.

Judy
Back to top Go down
susanms

Location Location : Boyertown, Pa.

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Yay!! Jerry's Artarama is now selling Cobra at an incredibly low price!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Ah! Some competition. That makes for even better prices.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Yes, competition is great! Of course, ASW is now carrying Cobra's too! Now we can get better shipping prices.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Here's a question for those of you using Cobra paints:
I'm working with Artisan now, but have heard good things here about Cobra.
I see that I can order the paints, and Cobra medium, but what about thinner, to paint the first wash layer? Do I use their Cobra paste, or do I try to make do with using water as a thinner?
(I don't see Cobra offering a brand of thinner)
Back to top Go down
susanms

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:28 pm

You use water to start out. It's great.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi Susan, thanks!
I checked out their site after I posted the question, and their videos say that you can add water to the medium also, which I guess would act to make it more lean. That would make it suitable to use as a thinner.
I am always cautious to add more than a tiny bit of water to water mixable paint, thinking using that too much water would break down the emulsifiers and destroy the integrity of the oil paint.
hmmm.
Back to top Go down
susanms

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:12 pm

I might thin it with water initially when I'm starting out, but later on I use walnut oil. It is smooth and never sticky. I have tried other mediums - even Holbeins's linseed that goes with their watersoluble oil paint (Duo), and I've not been happy. Finding out about walnut oil has been my answer for a nice medium. I'm sold. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I've used Cobra WMOs with water, and it doesn't seem to be a problem at all. I will say that the paint is more dull when it drys, compared to using oil, but if you're going to paint over it or varnish it then it doesn't matter. The water doesn't make it sticky like it does with other WMOs. I like them a lot, but if you're used to Winsor Newton, Cobra is a more fluid and transparent paint.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobra now Available in the US!   Cobra now Available in the US! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cobra now Available in the US!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2