Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again Empty
PostSubject: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 am

Welcome to our totally disorganized art museum! The challenge is to help us identify all the masterworks in our virtual museum. We'll post a piece of the painting and one clue to get you started. Can you name the artist and the title of the painting?

Pieces of the painting and clues to the artist's identity will be added every 24 hours until we have a winner, then the next painting in our collection will be posted. Feel free to use any resources at your disposal to help in your search. Challenge winners will receive a shiny award badge that we will add below their profile image. You will retain this award until someone else wins the award.

The AHM Challenge is open to all forum members, not just ws oil painters, so join in and have some fun with us!

If you would like to host a AHM Challenge painting; please send a PM to the Challenge Moderator Callie to receive instructions and notice when to post your painting. Be prepared to check in frequently while hosting a challenge!

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again Ws1yjp

Nationality = English

Last edited by Janet on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 am

Just a heads up. I'll be posting the next clue later this evening because I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning to go out of town. Smile
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 pm

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again E8o238

Clue = born in 1817
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 am

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again 6oheac

Clue = died in 1880
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 am

This looks so much like Henry Nelson O'Neil who was actually born in Russia but moved to London at age 6. I just haven't found the actual painting. Maybe someone else can.
Judy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 am

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again Henry_11I found it. The painting is "Home Again" by Henry Nelson O'Neil.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Congratulations, Judy!
I wasn't even close. I think I do better when I ignore the birthdates.
I have never heard of this artist, will have to go look him up.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm

I came across him with just the birth date, but it said he was born in Russia so I dismissed him even though the paintings I saw looked so much like his.
Judy
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 am

Wow - you guys are great!

I just checked this challenge to see if I could learn something and what I learned is I have no, none, zip not at all, no knowledge when it comes to art history...well maybe a little. I started to check this out a month or two ago and tried to see if I could find out the answers to a challenge or two -- I just get lost in the maze of paintings and history, but thank you for it. I will keep checking and hopefully learn a thing or two.

Great Job Judy!
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Dana, glad to have you here! I think that after a while, certain artists' styles and periods/schools in art history start to stand out. If you play often, you'll start to recognize some of them. That doesn't mean Janet can't come up with some really obscure artworks! The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again Icon_twisted
Not only is it a fun challenge, but we're building up quite the artists reference!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Good going Judy! Smile

Callie, Twisted Evil I do love to see everyone stumped just not too stumped. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again   The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again Empty

Back to top Go down

The Art History Mystery Challenge No. 34 Henry Nelson O'Neil - Home Again
Page 1 of 1