Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Attempt at "Loose and Bright"

Go down 
+3
Janet
judyfilarecki
Dale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Attempt at "Loose and Bright" Empty
PostSubject: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:21 pm

If anyone knows my paintings, you will also know that I tend to paint darker, tight, and detailed paintings.

This weekend, I promised myself that i would try something different. So I went to my cottage and (excuse me for this) I loosened up with a bit ...ok - a lot of fluid assistance- not like me either. Then I took OFF my glasses, picked up only my larger brushes and painted.

I know it is heavy on the right side as I intended to paint another few flowers to the left and one on the table a well...but here it is for now.

[img]https://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/Attempt at "Loose and Bright" Floral10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Oops - I should have posted this under other mediums as it is done in acrylics
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Don't worry about it. We'll chalk it up to the "fluid Assistance." The flowers look great. Very natural... like you just went out into the garden an picked them from your wildflower patch. I wonder what mine would look like if I took off my glasses. Attempt at "Loose and Bright" Suspect

Judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 am

Dale, Your flowers look very expressive. I really love the loose approach. Not a big issue but I'll move it to the Mix up forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:38 am

I love the looseness of your flowers, Dale. I think a flower on the table will balance it out nicely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

It's fun to try something different from time to time. Especially when you get such good results! Lovely flowers and colors Attempt at "Loose and Bright" Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Well - my sister in Alberta loved it and wants to buy it - considering it will be her 50th birthday - she gets it as a gift. But i am excited to try more like it - without the "fluid assistance"
Back to top Go down
dbabcock

dbabcock

Location Location : Sale Creek, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Dale your bouquet is just lovely...I think I will try the "Glasses Off" techique! ha ha
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 am

Very nice! I DO like the looseness of the painting. Fun to try new techniques!
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks. This was a lot of fun to do and may try the same technique to paint more flowers. I hate the thought of muddying up beautiful florals the way i do landscape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempt at "Loose and Bright"   Attempt at "Loose and Bright" Empty

Back to top Go down

Attempt at "Loose and Bright"
Page 1 of 1