HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

General Chat November - December 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 pm

I love snowmen! The first word that i thought of when I saw this was cheer.
I started a small painting last year of a snowman on a snow covered hill in the moonlight... never finished it. I was making it small enough to put on my scanner (for printing cards).
Your card is very nice
Back to top Go down
dlspinks

Location Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 pm

Thank you, Sofie, that's perfect! (yeah, peace, joy, all used up already).

Callie, that's a good one, too! (Oh dear, now I gotta choose )

I've done a card for about 8 years; it's a challenge some years, but I'd have to face my disappointed mom if didn't get a card out .
Back to top Go down
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 am

Debra, I love your Christmas Card! It has that traditional look that gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling of christmas. santa One word greeting maybe Hope.

Dawn

Location Location : Uniontown Mo

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 am

Oh that is beautiful! I would love to open my mail and get that card.

Every year I say I am going to do one but every year I say next year, LOL oh well maybe next year. Perhaps we should have a contest in July that way we all make one.
Back to top Go down
Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 am

Dawn - I'm adding your idea to my Group Challenge notes! So don't be surprised if we have some sort of holiday theme in the middle of summer
Back to top Go down
dlspinks

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm

I think that's a great idea!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Debra,
I can't think of a single word for you but I do want to say that your snow man is so, happy, welcoming and almost cuddly, that he could just wrap his arms around you and warm you right up. I know everyone will love it.
Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
dlspinks

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Thank you Janet, Dawn, and Judy. I feel much better about it now.
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi everyone! Still don't have my christmas tree up yet. I'm actually debating whether to put one up. Most of the family will be gathering at my parents place so it would just be for me and my husband. I'm feeling a little bit like a scrooge not putting one up. Smile

Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:06 pm

We usually don't bother because we go to the in-laws' house, but a few years ago we got an artificial tree with the lights already on it. It's only 4 ft. high - just plug it in and voila! instant Christmas It looked so good, we went ahead and decorated it
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I wonder if they sell some that are already decorated as well. clown

Dawn

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:04 am

Its just my husband and I but I have to decorate it just cant stand not to.
His family is coming the day after so at least someone else will see it.

They have little tabletop trees that have the lights and really just a few ornaments and you are good . There is also no reason why you cant act like a kid and make a paper chain or string popcorn!!! Go for it!!!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

I haven't put one up since my husband passed away 9 years ago, but I have a beautiful wreathe my daughter-in-law made for me. I hang it on the big mirror in the living room and it doubles in size because of the reflection and put two big red ribbons on the corners of the mirror.

I always spend Christmas at my son's house or in Flagstaff every other year with his in-laws so it makes no sense to put a tree up.

Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:00 pm

My house is tiny and every corner is in use for something so I have no room for a tree. What I do is decorate my mantle with lights and a garland and a few decorations, and the Christmas cards I get. It looks cute and festive.
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Dawn, I use to have one of those tabletop trees when I was around 18. When christmas was over I didn't even bother taking the decorations off just stuffed it in a trunk. That didn't work out so well. Laughing

Judy, A wreathe sounds good. I'm with you on the tree seems to make no sense when your the only person to see it.

Sofie, sounds very nice.

Maybe I could decorate my easel it's in the same corner my tree use to go every year. Another reason not to put up a tree. Laughing

Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Judy, how's your arm doing? Please don't bother replying if it's painful. I hope you're doing well! Smile

dlspinks

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:02 pm

I usually pull out the tree and decorate about Dec 23. My husband got antsy to have it up early this year, so he put it up a couple of days ago. I warned him I was too busy to help, and I did something very unusual. I actually sat down and got busy, and did not hover or advise or comment on what he was doing.

Now, I have two bins with tons of ornaments, mostly sentimental things given to us or made by me and our (now grown) children and grandchildren. I think he put about 1/5 of the things on the tree, and only on the side facing the room, but I have to say, it looks just fine to me!
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Debra, sounds like your husband has the Christmas spirit. santa I call mine scrooge at this time of year. He likes to act like one when it comes to christmas but he's just a big softie. Smile

Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 pm

So if you do decorate, how long do you leave everything up? The last time I put all the xmas stuff out, it looked so good, I didn't want to pack it all away a week or two later. I think it was around Valentine's when I finally put it all away.
Back to top Go down
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:37 am

I have 21 trees here there and everywhere, need more!!!!! oh and I still have not put up the half trees, they hang on the wall, best get to it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Callie, When I decorate I usually leave mine up until after New Years. Not too long. Valentines!... my goodness girl you must really like christmas. lol!

Dawn, that's a lot of trees! Smile

Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:39 pm

It's just that all the day-to-day clutter had been banished, and all the candles and shiny stuff looked so good. Made it hard to go back to the usual uncoordinated mish-mash. It sounds like Dawn is more into Christmas than me -
That's a whole forest of xmas trees she's got going there!

I can't help but notice someone's been decorating the forum!
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:04 pm

lol! Well I'm not doing a tree but I can decorate the forum. Do you think it might be a tad flashy or distracting. I can change it to something less flashy. Very Happy

Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:08 pm

I think it's fun. Besides, it's just for the holiday - you wouldn't leave your decorations up 'til Valentine's Day, would you???
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 pm

Janet wrote:
Judy, how's your arm doing? Please don't bother replying if it's painful. I hope you're doing well! Smile

The left elbow surgery went very well. It's been 8 days so I got the stitches out today and just have an ace bandage on that I can take off. I can shower under the reguar shower now instead of a hand held one that leaves all of your body cold except the small area the spray hits.

The left pinky and ring finger will be numb for several months and the muscles will also take that long to return to normal, but at least I know that things are not getting worse, only slowly better.

The right hand is slowly losing the numbness and has gained strength. It does not bother me at all now to paint or do anything else, so I'm really happy with that.

I'm starting out the New Year all brand new.

judy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   

Back to top Go down

General Chat November - December 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next