Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi to everyone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andywalker

andywalker

Location Location : Spain

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi, my name's Andy and I've been using water based oils for a couple of years now. I'm a professional artist - at least I manage to earn a living painting and teaching art, which is a great way to work! I teach art courses online at www.learntodo.co.uk (hope you don't mind the plug), and I'm writing a new course at the moment covering the basics of using water based oils.
Back to top Go down
Donna Pierce-Clark

Donna Pierce-Clark

Location Location : Springfield, Ohio

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm sort of new to the water miscible oils (WMO), and have been using them on and off for about 2 years. I've recently discovered that I can use my Holbein WMOs with Golden Open Acrylics without a hitch. I was just blown away at the buttery smoothness of the way these two products mixed with ease. I love using them.

I have a website that tells so much more about me: www.donnapierceclark.com I also paint in watercolors and acrylics. I teach an adult watercolor class wherein students use all of these media.

I'm looking forward to getting to know and learning from all of the WMO painters on this forum!

Donna
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Andy! Welcome to the forum! No problem regarding the plug. I checked out your site and it looks great! Smile

Hi Donna! So glad you joined us! I gave away my Golden Open Acrylics to my daughter a while back. I didn't like the way they spread. Now I'm kicking myself becasue after reading your post I would have liked to try it out with the WSOs. I checked out your website. I love the layout and I went through your artwork. You're a very talented artist. Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Welcome Andy and Donna,

Andy, I checked out your link and it looks like you have been pretty busy with all your courses. We look forward to having you contribute to the community both in your knowledge and in questions that others may be able to answer for you.

Donna, I tried your link but it didn't work. Look it over and see if you can figure out what is wrong. I'd love to see you work....Hope you're feeling better.

Both of you might want to consider putting these links in your signature rather than in you post. That way it comes up every time you post something, but the post itself can deal with a topic.

If you are not sure of how to do that, go to your profile and click on "signature" in the horizontal menu on the top. From there you can put an image and/or links.

For now we have not established quidelines for the signature, but anticipate that our members will use tasteful judgement.

judy
cheers
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Donna,

I found the problem with the link. There was a period after "com" I went in and edited the period out so now it work.

I love the colors you use in you sea scapre and lakeside painting. Beautiful work.

I'm going to try to upload some desert pictures for you in the Reference Image Library (RIL)

I'll let you know when I get them there.
Judy
Back to top Go down
Donna Pierce-Clark

Donna Pierce-Clark

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Judy,

OH, my, what a wonderful gift---desert pics. How excited I am. Oh, my. Laughing

I'm going to work on my sig in a few minutes.

Donna
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:59 pm

I only got some desert flowers on so far but I'll get more landscape pictures on tomorrow.
Good night. Judy
Back to top Go down
Donna Pierce-Clark

Donna Pierce-Clark

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:25 am

i saw the flowers and they are so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Donna,
I just put in some new pictures in landscapes and one in the people RIL. A few are the fall pictues I promised you a long time ago. Two are from the desert, but not the ones I'm looking for. More to come.
Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi to everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi to everyone   Hi to everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi to everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: