Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New artist grade WS oils from Talens

Go down 
+9
Dana C
judyfilarecki
kbaxterpackwood
Crystal1
rosebud
dbclemons
Janet
Callie
DAK723
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

New artist grade WS oils from Talens - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New artist grade WS oils from Talens   New artist grade WS oils from Talens - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:49 pm

In love with my Cobra WMOs again. On WetCanvas, Titanium recommended a medium of 1 part walnut oil to 2 parts stand oil for WMOs. Several people tried it and fell in love with it. I decided to try it, but for the bottom layer I added a little bit of distilled water. WOW, did that make a difference! Great medium for these WMOs and used a little bit of Artisan with it and found they worked good with that medium too. Now, I'm really sold on Cobras again.
It's going to take me a while to practice using oils after I've been away so long, but now I realize it's just a matter of time and practice, and things should start looking good again. Thanks for your encouragement in keeping going on WMOs. If it hadn't been for you guys, I probably would have given up.

BTW, I used Cobra's Glazing Medium for the Stand Oil. I don't know if that's exactly the same thing, but it worked great for me.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

New artist grade WS oils from Talens - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New artist grade WS oils from Talens   New artist grade WS oils from Talens - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Dayle, Soooo glad you found the brand that works for you. Thank you for sharing the medium that you're using! Smile
Back to top Go down

New artist grade WS oils from Talens
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5