Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The best laid plans .......

Go down 
+2
Callie
kopo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

The best laid plans ....... Empty
PostSubject: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 am

When I got up this morning after a night of nocturnalism I agreed with myself that today would be a painting day . At least four hours. But,
Distractions do occur.
After breakfast I looked in the studio and saw it was reasonably OK to start.
Having dealt with a few emails I then toured the crumbling castle and admired the work done on ceilings walls and woodwork. Decided a cup of tea was in order.
Interesting topic on TV.
Just remebered. Jackie asked me to take some stuff for recycling. Collected it and dumped in the car. Another look in the studio, feeling quite excited about starting on the portrait on the easel.
Five minutes down the road, traffic jam. Major roadworks. Three point turn to go the long way round and ten minutes later at a different point hit the same traffic jam. Feeling frustrated and angry. I didn’t have to go recycling today. But now too late.
Into the recycling yard only to find one of the huge containers was being loaded onto a truck and I had to wait. More steam out of ears.
Remembering traffic jam went home a different way, but yes you guessed it, hit the traffic jam. The whole of Kettering was at a standstill.
Arriving home somewhat feeling fraught saw the time, ah well at least two and half hours painting.
Cos I hadn’t painted for a couple of days palette needed some replenishing. Palette knife had been used for interior decorating and was crusted with plaster. Ten minutes to smooth it down ready for use. Another cup of tea, then caught sight of one of my favourite books ‘Problem Solving’ by Greg Kreutz. Remembered I wanted to check on shadow on skin tones. Opened it up at a totally different section and immediately got immersed in a quite different topic. Greg uses a glass palette. Easier to clean he says. Must get one of those. Started to scrape off the palette gunge and realised it was very quiet. No music. Scrabbling through CD’s found a favourite Sarah Brightman.
Finished scraping the palette and found that I no longer felt like painting. Easily deterred. I then decided to type and send this post.
Tomorrow, well I’ll wait and see, no promises, just hopes.
Embarassed
Jack
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I know how that goes. And it seems the more time I have, the less I make use of it, not to mention all the tea drinking (such a good way to stall... Just one more cup - then I'll get started The best laid plans ....... Icon_tongue ).

I just finished reading this:

The War of Art - Break through the blocks and win your inner creative battles
By Steven Pressfield

Very inspiring. Really explains the procrastination problem and what to do about it. And it's a quick read - won't keep you from your painting for very long!The best laid plans ....... Icon_lol

OK, one more cup, quick look around the forum, then I'll go paint.........
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 pm

go easy on yourself. Somedays it just doesn't happen. I am taking off for the weekend so everyone have a great one
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:20 am

Jack I know what you're saying. It happens to me often. Their is way too many distractions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I just realized Dale - you were away, I wondered how come the Art Hist. Mystery wasn't solved before I could get at it The best laid plans ....... 342724
See you Monday morning! The best laid plans ....... Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Hey Callie. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:17 am

cena2020
Your post dated June 3, 2010 has been deleted as spam. A repeat of this anyplace in the forum will result in suspension of membership.

judy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:33 am

Jack, your response to the spam post looks a little out of place now that I removed it. Thanks for the great response though. I can delete it is if you want. If you come across something like this again click on the "!" button on the top right of the post to report it and we will review for content and decide from there.

Keep painting......Judy
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Judy
Please eradicate it. Cos it doesn't make sense and I might affront someone.
I shall report such events in future, if I remember. I'll try
lol!
Jack
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 am

Done! Hope you are having a great day. Judy
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Great, now we all want to know what happened!!! (LOL) I'm sure you did the right thing to remove it if it wasn't in good taste.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Sorry you missed it, Dayle.

There was nothing of poor taste in the post. It was just a long, rambling discussion about nothing that has anything to do with painting. It was done by a person who just joined and he/she was sure to include links to his/her websites in the signature which also had nothing to do with painting.

It definitely fit the pattern for spam. It is one thing to ramble if you have been a participating member for a period of time, but not as a brand new member with nothing to contribute but links to your websites to promote your product.

We have been getting more of these types of posts lately so if you see one that you question, please be sure to click on "!" at the right top of the post to report it.
By the way, the respinse I deleted of Jack's was The best laid plans ....... Sleep which made no sense unless you had seen the spam post.

Thanks,

Judy The best laid plans ....... Fresse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best laid plans .......   The best laid plans ....... Empty

Back to top Go down

The best laid plans .......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: