Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gambel's Qauil on Parade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Gambel's Qauil on Parade Empty
PostSubject: Gambel's Qauil on Parade   Gambel's Qauil on Parade EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 pm

I've been doing a lot of playing in Painter 2016 and decided it was time to do one for putting up for sale on FineArtAmerica. The painting below was done with digital oils from a reference photo I took years ago and have always wanted to paint. The quail used to line up to feed from the bowl and it if was empty, one male would stand in it and "yell" at me until I came out to fill it. He would back up about 3 feet and wait for me to fill it and then rush back to it to eat as soon as I turned to go.

Last edited by judyfilarecki on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Gambel's Qauil on Parade   Gambel's Qauil on Parade EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Gambel's Qauil on Parade Quail_10
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Gambel's Qauil on Parade   Gambel's Qauil on Parade EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 am

It looks good, Judy, the sky colors are really lovely.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Gambel's Qauil on Parade   Gambel's Qauil on Parade EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks Jan. I thought I answered this one, but I must not have. I been busy painting Shakespearean women portraits as pat of November's Painter Club. I love doing portraits but have always done them on velour pastel paper and soft chalks. This is the first time I'm doing them digitally and the blending brushes I am using are just perfect. I'll have to post them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gambel's Qauil on Parade   Gambel's Qauil on Parade Empty

Back to top Go down

Gambel's Qauil on Parade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Media :: Digital Paintings-
Jump to: