Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Long time… Awefully quiet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Long time… Awefully quiet Empty
PostSubject: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Hello friends,

It has been quite quiet over here. I have been a little busy at work and life. However, I have been painting very small still life's by just putting down color of correct value and temperature and not blending at all. I have learnt something very valuable in my first 100 painting and that was to keep the value same and varying the temperature to get the effect of moving things forward and pushing things back. This is coming along nicely, but still have a long way to go. I was planning to put it on our forum,… but just didn't get to do it… but this exercise has been really good. However, I will soon start the next 100 paintings soon and will keep you all posted.

Take Care

Faisal
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Faisal, that colour temperature discovery sounds fascinating, I look forward to seeing it sometime! I'm not doing any painting these days, but lots of drawing and colouring, in life studies and in the Brittle Hill project. I'll get back to painting soon, I suspect...
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:00 pm

I've been busy reorganizing since coming back to the SW. Of course with all the great weather, I've been getting a lot of tennis in. I've been experimenting with learning watercolor in Painter on the computer, but haven't produced anything I felt was worth posting. I do start a new course at Digital Art Academy this Saturday so I'll start posting some of that work.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:17 am

I'm with Judy and have been reorganizing my studio. It has a huge, (small room sized), closet that my husband put shelves in and a small desk so I could move some of the clutter out of the studio itself. I've just been trying to figure out the best place to put everything.

I've not really been painting at all - just some doodling.

Next weekend is the Art of the Carolinas Trade Show sponsored by Jerry's Artarama and I plan to go to it. It's always so interesting to see all the new art goodies and be able to try them out. I certainly don't need any more art supplies but I still love to look. They offer a bunch of workshops too but I didn't sign up for any - maybe someday.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 11:05 pm

Well, I bought some new supplies today, and should start painting again tomorrow. Have you heard about the new Arches Oil Painting Paper? I've read a bit about it and asked the clerk at the art store--apparently you don't have to do anything to the paper. It's completely prepared for you to begin oil painting. Of course, I had to buy it and try it out. I'll let you know about it in a few days.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:00 am

I've heard of the Arches Oil Paper but haven't tried it. Please let us now how you like it and show us any paintings you do.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Sounds interesting. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi folks,

Haven't painted in 2 weeks. I was doing cafe sketches mostly. Was quite busy with life and work. There were layoffs at work. Yikes!… so my mind was not on painting. Things are back to normal now.

But I think I will be getting back into it soon. I should embark on the next 100. I should have more varying subject matter: figurative, portraits and landscapes (So I hope). Let's see how it goes.

Take Care,

Faisal
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 am

Good to hear you are alright on the work front, Faisal. And that you can turn your sights toward your brushes and paint again. I attended a life drawing session last night, my first in a few weeks. It was good to draw with other people around; the social aspect is not to be minimized...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time… Awefully quiet   Long time… Awefully quiet Empty

Back to top Go down

Long time… Awefully quiet
Page 1 of 1