Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Two more life study nudes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Two more life study nudes Empty
PostSubject: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Posting 2 more life studies, in WMO in next post with images. They are tasteful poses, intended to show my recent painting efforts.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 3:13 pm

You're doing better as you go. It's hard to believe that you can do all this, in such little time. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:10 am

Fantastic studies… Love these...
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Thanks for the comments, Crystal and Faisal. I am pleased to be able to do some painting again. I'll continue to post some of the life sessions. I might try other colour combinations, staying just outside my comfort zone, ha ha
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:49 am

Two more life study nudes LifeCharlieAug720141smwm

Two more life study nudes LifeCharlieAug720142smwm

Here are the 2 images, blurred now for more general audience.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 am

To recap, both were on Canvas paper with Burnt Sienna Artisan paint, applied as a thinned wash, then dried.

Figure 1was painted from life in 20 minute session, Figure 2 in a 30 minute session. Both painted using Burnt Sienna, and Titanium White, one brush only. I added a bit of Artisan medium to the paint to help it flow better on the prepped paper surface.

I'm still challenged by proportions, so I roughed the body in pencil first. You can see where I altered the head position a few times. Ah, learning. There is another session this week, I will be trying something new again, and will post some images here if it works,  Surprised 
Any comments or suggestions welcomed, as always.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 pm

20 to 30 minutes is unbelievable. you really are developing quite a talent with these sessions.
Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks Judy. I see them as opportunities to quickly sketch the figure in pencil, and that's usually the hardest part for me; getting the proportions right. After that, it is a value study, with light and darks. Gotta push ourselves, I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:49 pm

You are getting very good at these Alan… Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks Faisal! Ironic that I can paint people in front of me in their birthday suits, but am uncomfortable sketching strangers at coffee shops. Oh well, when we are out of our comfort zones, that's where the best learning happens!
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 pm

watermixableguy wrote:
Thanks Faisal! Ironic that I can paint people in front of me in their birthday suits, but am uncomfortable sketching strangers at coffee shops. Oh well, when we are out of our comfort zones, that's where the best learning happens!

It does seem odd, doesn't it! It might be that the people posing for the life classes know they're being drawn while the people in a coffee shop haven't usually given permission. If you're like me, you're a bit timid about getting yelled at!

But the life sessions are really good - keep on, the proportions will come.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:24 pm

I have been sketching people in Coffee shops for over 5 years (off and on) and much longer in other different places. I used to be extremely secretive to avoid being yelled at. But in the past one year I have become very relaxed. People have found out, when I am sketching them and are always flattered. I think artists are not equated to "creeps with cameras", but they are respected and highly regarded for their mysterious skill. Also, in places like a Coffee shop (and that too in a book store) the crowd is usually sophisticated, so I don't worry anymore. However, I would be careful in openly public places because you may be sketching a wanted criminal and that he/she may not like that. So be careful of where and who you are sketching… Thought I should share… Smile

I think women sketching in public have almost 0% chance of getting rebuked/yelled at, because women don't come across as a threat (when sketching in a coffee shop).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two more life study nudes   Two more life study nudes Empty

Back to top Go down

Two more life study nudes
Page 1 of 1