HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynch()56

Location Location : Troutman, NC

PostSubject: Introduction   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:39 am

Hello, My name is Chris Lynch. I've been painting and drawing for over 30 years. I m a disabled
Veteran with MS. I've used acrylics for years, and I am really interested in using water soluble oils. The older I get, the more I want to paint more loosely. I welcome the chance to hear views from other artists.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Welcome Chris! I hope you enjoy the forum!

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Welcome Hi Chris. I'm glad you have joined us and took the time to introduce yourself. We are a group of friendly artists who all enjoy using water-soluble oils. We have joined together to share our knowledge, experiences and questions. We help each other wherever help is asked including positive feedback on paintings we post so we can all improve in our quest.

This past year, we expanded the forum to include other media because many of us like to work in all different challenges. You mentioned that you have done acrylics for years and we'd love to see some of your work if you would like to share some in the "Other Media" section.

In the mean time feel free to browse the forum and join in on any discussion that interests you.

Judy 

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:26 am

Hi Chris, welcome and if you find the trick to working loosely, please share it! I'd also like to see some of your paintings - I try to work in acrylics and call them my nemesis so any tips you can share about them would also be welcome.

Oh, just saw that you're also from NC, we're in the center of the state about 50 miles from Raleigh.
Back to top Go down
GinnyM84

Location Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:23 pm

I posted a question a few days ago and can't find it to know if I got an answer, I am having trouble understanding what to do here.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Ginny, You put your question under someone else's introduction. I did answer you, but here is a copy of the answer:
Quote :
Hi Ginny,

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can use the WM  Oils right out of the tube depending on the brand. The WN Artisans tend to be very thick and respond well to a little thinning with something like Artisan Thinner for early layers in the painting when you want leaner, less oily layers, or very small amounts of walnut oil for later layers when you want them to be "fatter," (more oily.) Other brands such as Copra or Holbein Duo paints tend to be creamier right from the tube and easier to spread. I never recommend using water to thin, especially the Artisans, unless you area doing a large area of thin under painting. Using water to just small amounts of paint tend to make the Artisans more sticky.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask more  if you need to.

Judy
Here is the link to where you posted it.
http://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/t988-just-registered-have-a-question#13044

Sorry for the confusion

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:36 pm

Welcome Ginny!.. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   

Back to top Go down

Introduction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1