Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting #81: Staring (in Color)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Painting #81: Staring (in Color) Empty
PostSubject: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 am

Please see below for details.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:22 am

Hello guys,

Here is the transformation of the monochrome Portrait in Painting #80 into a color.  I started playing with cropping the painting and I found that I really liked it this way.  Next painting would have a smile, promise… Smile.  I am getting the hang of staring in the mirror and painting… Smile.

All feedback are welcome. You all have been very instrumental to my growth. I call it free lessons… Smile

Painting #81: Staring (in Color) Faisal10
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:10 pm

You have done a fantastic job even though there is not a smile. The texture and highlighting of hair makes it feel so "touchable." I can even feel the change in texture along you cheek as you move down to the lower face and chin where there is slight toughness from the beard (that isn't there). i could go on and on about all the great points, but I won't.I can't see anything that you could do differently.

Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Ah! Judy… Why did you stop… Smile I was enjoying it so much… Smile LOL..

But thank you very much for your feedback and the kind words…

Faisal
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:30 pm

I wanted to save some for other people. Wink 
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Faisal, this is really really good! I feel as if I have now met you in person! The really strong points for me in this portrait are the way you handled the hair highlights, and the shadows on the face around the eyebrow and nose. Bravo!
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:16 am

This is wonderful!!!!! You are just a natural with painting any subject and this is just the perfect example of that.

I didn't notice it in the sepia painting but take a look at the eyes - it seems that the eye on the viewer's left is larger than the other. I know most people don't have symmetrical features so that may be it, if so, just ignore the comment.

I agree with Judy and Alan about the details and the handling of the shadows - fabulous! And I don't want you or anyone else to take it wrong but those lips are luscious! If you paint the next portrait with a smile you'll have the young ladies fainting away!

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Thanks Alan and Jan… for the feedback. I don't know how I missed your comments.

Yes! you are right Jan.. one pupil & eye is bigger than the other… oh! well… Smile and yes! I do have lucious lips… LOL… Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting #81: Staring (in Color)   Painting #81: Staring (in Color) Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting #81: Staring (in Color)
Page 1 of 1